Hi All! A little background on how I ended up in Bujumbura, Burundi for the summer....
I have a summer internship doing a program evaluation. I was hired by a Cambridge, MA based organization called Bridgeway Group - who partnered with a local Burundi NGO called Ikibiri Coalition. I am lucky in that Liz, my boss from Bridgeway, is going to be in Bujumbura the same time I will be. She has worked in Burundi for 8+ years and lived in Bujumbura for 3 years (so she knows people that I can be friends with). While she is here she will be working on another project and doing research but at least I am not totally alone :)
About a week-ish into my adventure I have decided to blog about my time - that way I can skip on the group emails, post pictures, and keep a sort of journal of my time. Therefore my first few posts will sort of be out of order. I hope you all enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment